Be part of building a Salt Spring Island institution!
- Do you love eating produce and foods from Salt Spring Island and would like to see even more available all year long?
- Do you care about making the island more food self-sufficient, so we can reduce greenhouse gas emissions associated with imported food?
- Would you like to see more jobs in local farm and food businesses?
If so, you’ll want to donate OR sign up to host a fundraising dinner party!
The Salt Spring Island Farmland Trust is raising funds to build The Root at 189 Beddis Road.
The Farmland Trust is a non-profit whose purpose is to provide land, education, and other programs that promote increased food production and agriculture for the benefit of the community.
The Root is a local food facility that will include a licensed teaching and processing kitchen, and temperature-controlled storage for local food, and the Seed Bank.
This means more local food will be available all year round. The certified Food Safe kitchen will be available to farmers and food processors as well as individuals and community organizations. Training programs such as chef certification, youth programs on agriculture, as well as food preparation and preservation education for the whole community will be provided at the Root.
How can you help?
- Make a donationright now by visiting www.ssifarmlandtrust.org. You can also donate by cheque: make payable to SSI Farmland Trust and mail to P.O. Box 738, SALT SPRING ISLAND, BC , V8K 2W3
- Host a dinner partyfrom now to the end of October. Discover and share local food. Raise money. Learn More and Get Involved: ssifarmlandtrust.org