Sun, Sep 24|
Local Food Share
Come share your garden harvest!
Time & Location
Sep 24, 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Root, Salt Spring Island, 189 Beddis Rd, Salt Spring Island, BC V8K 2J2, Canada
About the event
Join us every Sunday from 3-5 pm for an opportunity to experiment and play with different forms of sharing our garden abundance. Bring your extras (fruits, veg, nuts, plant starts, amendments, preserves etc.) and we will collectively decide how to swap and barter so everyone goes home with a bounty of garden goodies. These gatherings are an opportunity to practice relational and community based transactions and meet fellow green thumbed neighbours while building more resilient local food networks.
What to bring:
- Something from the garden, something for the garden, or a homemade treat
- Questions, tips and tricks from your garden
- A bowl and utensils for eating with
- A bag or container or basket to take home the local food abundance.
What to expect
- A swap circle to share what you have and take what you need
- Opportunity to share your garden knowledge
- Opportunity to get involved with and receive updates on community food security projects
Please contact us for carpooling options